Tuesday, August 28, 2007

cupcakes for a cause: the final dozen


Mint Chocolate Chunk Cupcakes
with Vanilla Mint Buttercream

Long overdue, here's a photo of the last batch of cupcakes I made for the Summer of Cupcakes Auction Winner to benefit the Northwest Network of Bi, Trans, Lesbian, and Gay Survivors of Abuse. Dark chocolate cupcakes with mint extract and roughly chopped bars of Endangered Species Dark Chocolate with Deep Forest Mint, topped with minted buttercream and another wedge of chocolate for good measure.

With all the auction cupcakes ferried away I have to bake for selfish reasons now. Like my own stomach. Thankfully, I'm armed with a circle of friends, sweet tooths all of them.

6 comments:

Emilie said...

beautiful!

i too am often thankful for the sweet teeth of my friends because i have to bake no matter what. it's great to do it for a cause, it's nice to do it for friends, and it'd be horrible to just do it all for myself.

Anonymous said...

Your mom loves these blogs that you do. Wonderful pictures, excellent writing and and and great recipes cuz y'all and yur intended are such awesome chef-types.

Love
M.

Maggie said...

emilie! thank you! friends without sweet teeth are no friends at all. (not true, but i can't think of any friends that will turn down a cupcake...)

anonymous, aka mom--i'll try my bestest to update more. but being newly employed and all, we'll just have to hope fr the best. and, of course, thank you!

urban vegan said...

I really wish you could email me a cupcake.

ChocolateCoveredVegan said...

those cupcakes are gorgeous!

Maggie said...

urban vegan--if only the internet could transmit baked goods, this would be a better world indeed.

thank you, katie! i do try to make things look purty!