Friday, May 11, 2007

from asparagus to zucchini


Though I haven't posted one in a while, we've still been getting our beloved CSA boxes of organic produce. This week we were treated to zucchini, Bartlett pears, snap peas, spinach, yellow onions, red radishes, green leaf lettuce, broccoli, garlic, Russet potatoes, avocadoes, baby bunch beets, asparagus, and a tasty little mango (that met it's demise before I took this picture.)

The sun is shining brighter (or at all, this being Seattle) and you can hear lawnmowers in the afternoon all around the neighborhood. We've planted a few things in our little urban garden and there's a P-Patch on the other side of the fence that is full of things like chard, berry bushes, and dill. And the surest sign I've seen that summer is on it's way was a sighting of the season's first ice cream truck, complete with photos of popsicles pasted on it's rickety sides. Frozen treats are all well and good, but I'll be happier when I can pluck tomatoes from my backyard.

No comments: