Friday, March 30, 2007

pay no attention to the lettuce in the bag


Box number four from Full Circle Farm's CSA program. Broccoli, green onion, carrots, rainbow chard, celery, French breakfast radishes, garnet yams, Ataulfo mangos, Minneola tangelos, Red Bartlett pears, and turnips.

Not pictured is a stinking plastic bag of Earthbound Farm romaine hearts. I'm pretending that that didn't happen. That my CSA box of "local", organic produce didn't just come with some prepackaged lettuce that I could've bought overpriced at Safeway. But the weather is turning warmer and brighter, so the vegetables should be picking up. At the least, I can start gardening, plastic lettuce be damned.

2 comments:

mike said...

maggie, why didn't i know about this sooner? your blog is much tastier than mine.

Anonymous said...

Maggie, I am thrilled to know about this blog. I've bookmarked it and plan to refer to it often for inspiration!